Welcome to Berkeley Township! Our newly designed website provides residents, and visitors, information about our ever-growing township and gives an overview of the functions of municipal government.
Visit our website often and access our roster of programs and municipal services, which are geared to meet your needs and concerns. With innovative energetic leadership, and committed partners,
Berkeley's future is brighter than ever with its attractive residential areas and charm of a resort town enjoyed by vacationers and lifelong residents. My goal, as your Mayor, along with our Township council members, is to ensure that Berkeley Township is well maintained, open and transparent for its citizens.
I urge you to enjoy Berkeley's many township events held throughout the seasons, our specials events, popular summer concert series and holiday happenings.
Berkeley is a family-oriented town that is enjoyed by residents, and has become a beacon for tourists with its beautiful recreational areas. You are always welcome to contact my office, call 732-244-7400 Ext: 203-or email me at email@example.com
Mayor Carmen F. Amato, Jr.
Gina Russo-Assistant to the Mayor
Phone: 732-244-7400 ext 203
Gina also takes requests for the Mayor to Marry, please keep in mind that when you request for the Mayor to perform a wedding you will need the following information:
- The Date
- The Time
- The Place (the Mayor does perform weddings in his office at Town Hall)
The following fees apply:
Persons married or joined in civil union by the Mayor of the Township of Berkeley shall remit the applicable fee delineated below to be paid to the Township of Berkeley:
- Residents of the Township of Berkeley where the ceremony is performed within the Township shall pay a fee of seventy-five ($75.00) dollars.
- Residents of the Township of Berkeley where the ceremony is performed outside the Township shall pay a fee of one hundred ($100.00) dollars
- Non-residents of the Township of Berkeley where the ceremony is performed within the Township shall pay a fee of one hundred ($100.00) dollars.
- Non-residents of the Township of Berkeley where the ceremony is performed outside the Township shall pay a fee of one hundred fifty ($150.00) dollars.
Use of Fees
The fee shall be paid by check, payable to the Township of Berkeley, unless waived by the Mayor in cases of financial hardship. Fees collected shall be deposited into the Recreation Fund earmarked for the summer concert series at Veterans Park.
Re-Built in Glen Cove
New York-based Alexandra's Playground was seeking to rebuild a playground ravaged by superstorm Sandy and selected Berkeley Township as their playground recipient. The nonprofit group helps to build playgrounds in economically challenged areas. In June, 2015 Mayor Amato along with members of the community got together to build the playground that was donated.
Click Here to see the Playground being built
Asbury Park Press Article about the Playground