Steven J. Seiler, Principal Public Works Manager
Mark C. Vannella, Solid Waste/Recycling Supervisor
Don Cowan, Equipment Maintenance Mechanic Supervisor
Make Us Aware of Issues in Your Area dealing with Sanitation and Streets and Roads
Enter Service Request
Division Of Streets And Roads - (732) 349-4616
- Maintain and repair all public roads within the boundaries of the Township.
- Maintain and repair all sidewalks, curbs, gutters and encroachments controlled by the Township in accordance with Township Ordinances.
- Grading gravel roads on an as needed basis.
- Provide Snow Removal services and sanding/salting of all public Township Roads.
- Plan and implement public capital improvements for parks, beaches and recreation areas.
- Maintain all signage in Berkeley Township.
- Maintain and repair storm drainage systems.
- Oversees all overlay and drainage projects.
- Inspection of all street openings by utility companies.
- Grass cutting on shoulders and Township right-of-ways.
- Various in-house construction and drainage projects.
- Storm Water Management.
Our Clean Community Program allows us to give different organizations the opportunity to raise money for their group and adopt a road, which helps to keep our community clean.
Easy things you can do every day to protect Berkeley Township's Waterways.
A Guide to Healthy Habits for Cleaner Water
Division Of Equipment Maintenance – (732) 349-3766
The Division of Equipment Maintenance is responsible for the maintenance and repair of vehicles within the following departments: Streets/Roads, Parks/Beaches/Recreation, Solid Waste Collection/Recycling, Police Department, Fire Departments and Office of Emergency Management.
Division Of Sanitation – (732) 341-1022
- Responsible for all aspects of solid waste collection and transportation to the authorized landfill.
- Administers Programs and enforces government regulation pertaining to waste disposal and environment issues.
- Responsible for all aspects of recycling collection.
- Provide compost, woodchips and root mulch for residents.
Collection of commingles, newspapers, cardboard, tires, junk mail, metal items/appliances, leaves, waste oil, household batteries, paint cans, shrink wrap and electronics.
Open to residents with proof (Valid drivers License with Berkeley Address, tax bill or recent utility bill. Monday through Friday, between 8:00 am and 3:00pm. Saturday and Sunday between 9:00 am and 2:00 pm.