(732) 244-7400 ext. 250
(732) 244-7400 ext. 8
All Land Use Ordinances can be found online at:
Chapter 35 of the Revised General Ordinances of the Township of Berkeley
The following Ordinance and Zoning Map were adopted September 27, 2011 and will be effective 20 days after publication in the newspaper
An Ordinance Amending Chapter 35 Entitled "Land Development" Consistent With The 2008 Master Plan Land Use And Circulation Elements
Adopted Zoning Map
Zoning Permits and Procedures
Application shall first be made to the Zoning Officer for issuance of a zoning permit by any person wishing to undertake any of the following:
- Subdivision of land.
- Construct a new building or structure.
- Add to or structurally alter any existing building.
- Change the use on any land or within any building or structure.
- Any expansion of the total number of employees, number of employees in any shift or the number of vehicles to be stored or parked on the site exceeding fifteen (15%) percent of the amount existing at the time of passage of this chapter or as set forth at the time of a previous site plan approval.
- Construct, add to or alter any parking area, signs, lighting, drainage facility or any other site improvement above and/or below ground level.
- Alter the existing condition of any parcel of land.
Click here for the Application for a Zoning Permit and instructions.
Berkeley Township Community Mapping Portal
The information provided herein is a guideline for assessment and planning purposes only. It is not intended to be used for a description,
conveyance, authoritative definition of a legal boundary, including a zoning district boundary,( Click Herefor the most recent Zoning Map)
or property title, or as evidence to satisfy any legal requirement. Please
be advised that the geographic data compiled for this service has not been certified by a licensed New Jersey surveyor. The contributing
organizations, including NJDEP, NJDOT, Maser Consulting and the Township of Berkeley,, shall not be held responsible for any misuse or misrepresentation of the information presented by this tool. The Township of Berkeley recommends that
users forward any and all information derived from this tool to a qualified professional for further evaluation before taking any further action.