COLD WEATHER TIPS
COLD WEATHER TIPS: Here are seven tips to help you prepare for and stay safe during the cold temperatures:
1. Wear layers of lightweight clothing to stay warm. Gloves and a hat will help prevent losing body heat.
2. Bring the pets indoors. If that’s not possible, make sure they have enough shelter to keep them warm and that they can get to unfrozen water.
3. Avoid frozen pipes - run water, even at a trickle, to help prevent them from freezing. Keep the thermostat at the same temperature day and night to help avoid freezing pipes.
4. Do not use a stove or oven to heat the home.
5. Space heaters should sit on a level, hard surface and anything flammable should be kept at least three feet away.
6. If using a fireplace, use a glass or metal fire screen large enough to catch sparks and rolling logs.
7. Turn off space heaters and make sure fireplace embers are out before leaving the room or going to bed.
Report a Pothole
Mayor Amato would like residents to report any potholes by using the form below. Due to the harsh winter season we experience we realize that it creates numerous potholes throughout the Townships 271 miles of Roads. The Public Works Department is asking your help to let us know where these trouble spots are.
Click here to report the pothole location
Viewing Schedule Channel 21
Township Council Meetings
1/11/16 Town Council Meeting Broadcast on Ch.21: 10:30 A.M., 6:00 P.M., 9:30 P.M., 1:30 A.M.
1/25/16 Town Council Meeting Broadcast on Ch.21: 9:00A.M., 4:30 P.M., 8:00 P.M., 12:00 A.M.
Pay Your Property Taxes Online
Mayor Amato announces that property owners in Berkeley Township will now be able to pay your property taxes online. There will be a minimal service charge that the bank charges for the service.
Click Here to look up your taxes and pay them online
REPORT YOUR POWER OUTAGE TO JCP&L
JCP&L is providing more ways for our customers to report outages
Sign up for Text Message & Email
Emergency Notifications Via Nixle
Mayor Amato Announces
Emergency Notification System
Mayor Amato has introduced an emergency notification system (CODE RED) to alert residents and inform them in emergency situations.
Click here to Sign-up
OEM Special Needs data Sheet
The Berkeley Township Office of Emergency Management wants to better serve the residents of Berkeley Township. Please fill out this Emergency Data form so that we are better prepared to assist you in your time of need.
Click here for the Special Needs data Sheet
ROUTE 37 EAST MATHIS BRIDGE
Mayor Amato would like barrier island residents to be aware that the Route 37 Mathis Bridge over the Barnegat Bay will be closed for its first construction cycle on or about October 31, 2015 until approximately May 13, 2016. This will allow the contractor to begin the Mathis Bridge deck replacement. Be in the know! Send your email address to DOT-Route37Mathis.firstname.lastname@example.org
and subscribe for project alerts.
United Water - UWCares Program
Mayor Amato would like to let residents know, who reside in the United Water franchise area, that if they are having a financial hardship in paying their water bills, United Water offers assistance through its UWCares program. The program is for customers who cannot pay their water bills due to financial hardships. Additional details about UWCares can be found at www.uwcares.org
or by calling 1-888-942-8080.